Monday, October 25, 2010

New Car!

So for the past few months Hubby and I have been researching constantly on what kind of car we wanted! At first the process was fun we loved it and it gave us a chance to spend time together and really work on buying something big together! We originally wanted (or rather I wanted) the Nissan Rouge. I had my heart set on it and hubby was willing to go with anything that made me happy. The price was good but it was smaller than what we had hoped. A few days later after deciding what car we wanted I spoke to my dad and he asked if we had looked into the 2011 Kia Sorento. He mentioned that it had really good reviews, was priced REALLY well for an SUV and gave us a chance to maybe get some "luxury" items that we probably couldn't have afforded if we got a different kind of SUV. So we went and checked it out at our local Kia dealership and we fell in love! BOTH of us were happy and excited. We knew we wanted to put a decent down payment and even though we had the money already in our savings, that money was set aside for something else and I don't like touching money that I have set aside for something. So we started to save all over again and in 3 months we came up with 3,500 dollars to put down!

My dad flew up on Saturday for moral support as hubby and I bought our first car. This was a first for the both of us! His previous car a 04 chevy impala (and the whole reason why we needed a new one) was a used car that he bought even though it was only "used" for 7 months when he got it and my car was the car my parents bought me when I was 17 and that was brand new but obviously I didn't buy it.

I was SUPER stressed and anxious because I really wanted to get the price down and hubby was super laid back like this is something he does every day! It annoyed me how calm he was but then again I am an anxious person naturally. So we were able to get an AMAZING deal on the car. We got it at the dealers by in which is how much the dealership payed for the car which means the made NOTHING off of us!! woohoo!!

It was a good feeling once the papers were signed and the walk through was done. We LOVE our new "family" car and my mom said she can't wait for us to fill it with kids. This is definitely a step in the baby making process!


yes thats dirt on the console the puppy jumped in and the ground
outside was wet from the rain but its all clean now!!


Took a picture before hubby drove it to
So. Cal


Walk through with the dealership!





*Loving my life as a wife*
TP

No comments: