Monday, June 6, 2011

Transition

Over the past few months my husband and I have both been going through a transitioning phase in our careers. Right before the new year I spoke with my General Manager about me moving on from working at the restaurant.

The restaurant has been home to me and has given me more experiences than I ever would have thought. I started working there part time while going to college and have continued even after graduating and also becoming a manager. I love my job, the customers and my co-workers. Some of my best friends I have met through my job and I am blessed that it has been able to take me as far as it has.

When I first started researching about getting a different job it was because I was ready for a change, something different. I wasn't unhappy with my current situation but felt like I was ready for a different challenge. Fast forward to 4 months later I am seriously starting to resent my job. I don't look forward to going and I feel so disconnected and unhappy. I never thought that I could feel like this about the place that I work at. Nothing drastic has happened to make me feel this way other than realizing that my hard work is not really appreciated. My schedule is NEVER consistent so my days off are always different week to week which makes planning almost anything with my husband is impossible because he has a regular 9 to 5 job with weekends off.

Another thing is we want to start a family and with my schedule I do not want to be working random hours with split days off. I want structure!! I'm a control freak so structure works best for me.

Me leaving my job has nothing to do with my co-workers especially the other managers. I LOVE the management team because there is a small group of us and we all get along well and work together. They are part of what actually makes me want to stay, but as of right now this transition into wanting something more and different is REALLY starting to take a toll on me and I am praying to God that he guides me in the right direction.


Managers
*Loving my life as a wife*
TP

3 comments:

Mrs.Stanford said...

Have you been applying other places. I feel you on wanting to know your days off. I couldn't deal with that. I did it at my last job, it was always different...now I know my days off and know what to expect! I keep you in my prayers for your little family. XOOXXO Love you!

Penado's wife said...

I have been applying at a few places. The hard thing is, is that I even though I have a degree I don't have a ton of work experience because I've worked at the restaurant for so long, also I'm applying for jobs outside of what I got my degree in..lol BUT after posting this I actually have a interview tomorrow! I'm soooooo nervous...and excited. Even if I don't get the job at least I got to the interview process! Wish me luck!!

Mrs.Stanford said...

well keep me updated :)