Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day #14

*Your earliest memory*

I have no clue what m earliest memory is!! Let me think about this.......
I guess I would have to say one of my earliest memories would be sliding down the stairs at my parents old house. I remember they had green carpet (which I'm sure was trendy in the 80's) and when I was 3 and my brother was 5 we would slide down the stairs. I actually remember him showing me how to do it. He was wearing navy blue corduroy pants and a red and blue striped shirt. I on the other hand don't recall what I was wearing.

I remember my brother standing at the top of the stairs saying watch Ty this is how you do it. I remember my brother watching me as I lay on my belly and he told me to slide down and he would catch me. i remember looking face down, down the stairs and thinking it was scary!! My brother was standing at the bottom of the landing with a huge smile and his little 5 year old arms stretched out. Going down the stairs was super fun and the one thing my parents HATED for us to do.

Funny how that is my earliest memory. Nothing exciting and nothing profound but its heart warming. I loved that the memory involved my brother because he is such a huge part of my life and that it was a happy memory.

*Loving my life as a wife*
TP

No comments: