Sunday, July 31, 2011

Saturday fondue and fun

I had this past Saturday off (without requesting it) and it was sooooooo nice to be able to actually spend a weekend day with my husband. He works Mon-Fri and I work random days with two days off a week that change EVERY WEEK, so needless to say I was super excited when I saw that I had a Saturday off!

Our day started off with sleeping in a little bit and me being woken up by my husband giving me a back massage! After getting up and showering we went to breakfast at Bill's Cafe where we had yummy food and drinks (they have a full bar!). The weather was perfect and so we brought the dog along. After breakfast we took a drive to a neighboring city and went up in the hills to a county park they have with a lake and a dog park, horse back riding and hang gliding. We watched the hang gliders while the dog played in the dog park sections it was so nice! We went on a walk around the lake after and Elbee (our dog) jumped in the lake and started swimming! We were NOT prepared for a wet stinky dog (who just got a bath the Saturday before) so we decided to call the park quits and went to Pet Food Express for a puppy bath!

After getting a new freshly cleaned dog we decided to go home and rest for a bit and watch a movie. H gave me a foot massage and we just laid around on the sofa. At around 4:30 we got ready for our dinner reservations (I had no clue where we were going) We left the house a little after 5 and I was left in suspense for the 20 min. drive. Low and behold we were going to The Melting Pot one of my FAVORITE places to eat! On June 9th 2007 my amazing husband proposed to me there with some of our closest friends! wow I can't believe it has been over 4 years!! It was a nice treat and we both REALLY enjoyed ourselves. We also went to a Tiki bar for a few drinks after dinner. We finally decided to call it a night around 9:30 since I had to be at work on Sunday at 8:00 a.m.

The weekend was perfect and I wouldn't have traded not one second of it for anything. I love the time I get to spend with my husband because seriously he is all I need in my life. If I didn't have any friends and he was the only one I would be okay with that (...well maybe that's a little extreme because we ALL need a few friends ;) ) Now we are just counting down until our trip to Boston and Maine!! CAN NOT WAIT!!! <3 < 3

*Loving my life as a wife*
TP

No comments: